Projekt: EQF Predic
There is a wide consensus among all stakeholders that a European Qualification Framework should be used in order to identify learning outcomes wherever they have been acquired, but a lot of differing point of views exist with regard to the question how the EQF should be properly used resp. how educational instruments to be related to the EQF in the future (as legal rules, curricula, sectoral and national frameworks, already existing or to be created) should be designed or modified. Taking in account former experience with standardisation in the area of education, it is therefore not too pessimistic to be afraid of versions of EQF use where the original approach is diluted in a way which does not deliver advantages in comparison with the current situation.
Successful application of an instrument is the only way to make it popular, but it seems that the development to be expected prevents this. Nevertheless, in spite of all different views on the subject, some essentials appear as unchangeable (as learning outcome orientation, level structure of frameworks, principal subdivision of descriptors), and it is also obvious that this will have a certain impact on various elements of educational systems. This makes it sensible to identify a predictable framework of change and in this framework to describe how EQF-adapted curricula, human resources development measures, assessment approaches, legal regulations, certificates, consultancy services could look like and to support these descriptions by pilots as far as possible, thereby providing for examples of EQF use which are at the same time oriented to the strategic aims of the EQF and the issues of educational practice.
In terms of a more detailed description, the project at hand will
- Identify the predictable framework of change caused by the introduction of the EQF· Deliver examples of EQF conform legal regulations
- Deliver examples of EQF conform curricula and human resources development measures, including procedures to embed them into daily work of organisations
- Create trans-national collaboration between educational institutions on the basis of the EQF
- Describe procedures of common assessment, based on the EQ
- Draft EQF consultancy services, supporting organisations during the process of EQF adaptation